Profit Improvement Analyst
Profit Improvement Analyst
Location details – Coventry Support Centre
Contract details – Fixed Term / Secondment
Salary details - Competitive
The life changer. The industry shaper. The healthcare pioneer. Join McKesson, a leading global healthcare company, and you can be all these things and more. Based at our Support Centre UK Head Office in Coventry, as part of one of the teams shaping our services and improving lives, you’ll have the opportunity to drive your career forward and become more than you ever imagined.
About the department
The Profit Improvement team is a new function designed to enable Increased business profit performance. The team will deliver this role through Improved analysis, coaching and providing support to the operational teams throughout the U.K. The team sits within the Central Store Support Business Umbrella.
About the opportunity
We are recruiting for a Data Analyst to join the Lloyds Pharmacy Profit Improvement team. The Analyst will help turn data into information, information into insight and insight into business decisions. This is a full-time role, with exciting and uncapped career development opportunities.
We require an ambitious, entrepreneurial candidate who is already very familiar with Excel and has had some exposure to either Power BI or Tableau. An understanding of the broad principles underlying Relational Database Management Systems is essential. We will help you learn to use our proprietary tools and give you plenty of support for training in SQL, Tableau, among others.
You can expect to quickly gain impressive experience from conducting a wide variety of data analysis tasks including coding onto our databases and creating data visualisations, to regular interaction with our parent company's other world-class businesses.
In return for your hard work, we offer training opportunities and development plans, wide-ranging benefits, flexible holidays and a brilliant work-life balance. We’ll also ensure that you feel empowered to support colleagues and make a real difference in people’s lives.
- Already be a whiz at Excel and be excited to learn about other programs and programming languages. Experience with any database coding language (SQL, Power BI, etc.) and data visualisation programs is a strong bonus
- Work fast and to a high standard
- Be inquisitive and keen to question accepted wisdom
- Be outcome-focussed rather than process oriented
- Be analytical, able to synthesise data (qualitative and quantitative) and use it to produce recommendations
- Be comfortable producing recommendations, supporting the management team in taking important business decisions
- Be hungry to learn and use new coding languages, data visualisation programs, and other technologies
- Be entrepreneurial and keen to play a role in using technology to transform healthcare. A proven interest in this space is a bonus
- Be a strong collaborative worker, with good communication and strong interpersonal aptitude
- Have demonstrable commercial and/or medical sector experience. This is preferable but not a requirement
- However, if you are newly graduated and have some but not all of the above we would still be very interested in hearing from you
We’re McKesson – a Fortune Global 500 healthcare company that strives to break boundaries, challenge the status quo and support the changing healthcare industry. Bringing together six companies and 24,000 McKesson colleagues across pharmacy, pharmaceutical distribution and home care services, we’re committed to offering the best advice and healthcare to our patients, customers and colleagues. As part of our Support Centre UK Head Office, you’ll be able to use your passion, ambition and drive to build solutions and have experiences that transform lives for the better – starting with your own.