Coventry – CV2 2TX
What does it mean to be part of the Procurement & Supply team at McKesson UK? It means being a relationship builder. A product guru. A medicine marvel. Join us, and you could be all these things and more. As part of this newly merged function, you’ll help to either source or supply life-transforming products that will set McKesson and our customers up for success. At the same time, with opportunities to develop and progress your career, you’ll have everything you need to become more than you ever imagined.
About the opportunity
The Buyer will be responsible for implementing the generic procurement activities for McKesson UK to ensure that we achieve all of our financial targets and KPI’s for the category whilst at the same time ensuring that all of it's stock and inventory management KPI’s are achieved.
- Identify relevant suppliers and products to gain competitive advantage and maximise sales & profitability for all CFSC
- Use market insight to inform procurement decisions
- Support the Celesio UK generic proposition to deliver sales growth in all CFSC
- Optimise profitability and compliance
- Perform volume planning and product life cycle management
- Adhere to Celesio UK procurement policy aligned with regulatory and CFSC demands
- Ensure sufficient stock is procured to meet CFSC demands
- Optimise net working capital and service levels
We are looking for someone who has excellent organisation and analytical skills (including extensive excel experience) as well as immaculate attention to detail. Previous inventory management and trading environment experience is very important as well as the ability to communicate and manage stakeholders internally and externally in a complex and fast paced environment.
In return for your hard work, we offer training opportunities and development plans, wide-ranging benefits, flexible holidays and a brilliant work-life balance. We’ll also ensure that you feel empowered to support colleagues and make a real difference in people’s lives.
We’re McKesson – a Fortune Global 500 healthcare company that strives to break boundaries, challenge the status quo and support the changing healthcare industry. Bringing together six companies and 24,000 McKesson UK colleagues across pharmacy, pharmaceutical distribution and homecare services, we’re committed to offering the best advice and healthcare to our patients, customers and colleagues. As part of our Support Centre you’ll be able to use your passion, ambition and drive to build solutions and have experiences that transform lives for the better – starting with your own.