Quality and Clinical Standards department
37.5 hours – Full Time
Celesio UK, a pioneering provider of integrated healthcare services, have an exciting opportunity to join their Pharmacovigilance Team. Pharmacovigilance, also known as drug safety, is defined as the science and activities relating to the detection, assessment, understanding and prevention of the adverse effect(s) or any other drug-related problem. Drug safety is fundamental in supporting the safety profile dataset of medicinal products and in shaping future drug design. Pharmacovigilance at Celesio UK is a growing specialism that oversees patient safety at the wholesale and distribution level right through to the Pharmacy network, Own Brand and the upcoming ‘Speciality’ function. Within this role you will have lots of interactions with both internal and external stakeholders (such as PharmaCo clients) and healthcare professionals, you will be able to learn a lot quickly, and utilise your skills in supporting the expanding and varied business pharmacovigilance requirements.
This role will be responsible for supporting all activities relating to Pharmacovigilance for wholesale and distribution, own brand and Speciality Services such as Pharma funded patient support programmes , meeting all applicable Pharmacovigilance best practice requirements and regulatory obligations. The Pharmacovigilance Officer will be reporting into the Pharmacovigilance Manager, and will receive training and development (formal and informal) to carry out their specialised role.
You will also have responsibility for:
- Liaising with internal stakeholders and colleagues around safety related issues
- Creating and tracking relevant reports pertaining to safety cases and performing trend analysis
- Routine screening and transmission of Adverse Event’s to Pharmaceutical manufacturers e.g. Roche
- Meeting all pharmacovigilance reporting requirements as per Celesio UK standards and safety data exchange agreements
- Supporting process improvements in pharmacovigilance, aspiring to be the ‘best in class’
- Keeping up to date with legislative requirements and inform stakeholders of any changes; proactive risk management
- Supporting internal quality audit control and any related corrective and preventative actions (CAPA) to promote a culture of continuous learning
- Participating in the appropriate project management meetings and addressing any process issues
- Engaging in company projects owning areas relevant to patient safety or whole projects for the business as required
The successful candidate should:
- Hold a relevant life sciences degree, or have experience working in the health care/Pharma Industry within a process driven role or worked in a methodological environment
- Share and operate with the company’s core ICARE values
- Have a strong attention to detail and appreciation of compliance to business procedures
- Be able to demonstrate effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Be well organised, able to plan and manage own workload to ensure critical business timelines are met
- Have an appreciation of the importance of robust procedures for benefits to patient safety and business reputation
Celesio UK, is an inspired and inspiring career choice. A pioneering provider of integrated healthcare services, we are unique and innovative, with career options that are found nowhere else. No other organisation in our sector provides the end-to-end offering that we do… from the buying of pharmaceuticals from manufacturers, right through the whole supply and distribution chain to dispensing. We’re one team with one purpose… to effectively, efficiently and passionately deliver innovative healthcare services that equip and inspire more positive lives.
Rewards and benefits
Wherever you work with Celesio, you will enjoy a uniquely rewarding career. You will be challenged but well remunerated, assume real responsibility but be well trained and developed to undertake it. You’ll work hard but be recognised for your contribution and be able to keep a healthy work/life balance. In addition to highly competitive salaries, we offer a valuable benefits package which includes generous holiday, pension scheme, professional support and relevant training, childcare vouchers, option to buy additional holiday and an employee discount scheme. What’s more, we regularly review our rewards package and it is improving all the time.
This vacancy is closed to applications.